Last updated May 14, 2018
What kind of data is collected by Diamond Source?
When an individual visits the Diamond Source website, we collect different kinds of data to make their browsing experience better. For a registered user or a shopper, information like their name, address, email id, contact information, and related details can be collected. This information helps us provide our services (like shipping of products) and play a crucial role in our business model.
When is your data collected by Diamond Source?
The instances in which the user data is collected might vary from one scenario to another. Some of the common instances when the user data is collected are as follows:
- When a shopper buys any product from the website
- When a user creates an account
- Whenever a user logs-in to the website
- When a user interacts with our customer support
- When a user fills a form or completes a survey
- Whenever a website visitor subscribes to our newsletter
How is the collected information used by Diamond Source?
All the collected information is kept safe by Diamond Source and is used to operate our business by providing various services. It helps a user log-in to their account, make a purchase, or get in touch with our customer support. Following are some examples of how the collected information is used by us:
- To send emails, make calls, or communicate with our users
- To provide a dedicated customer support
- To deliver the purchased products
- To help users log-in and perform various basic operations on the website
- To resolve any conflict or query
- To perform customer communication
- To provide a seamless browsing experience
How is the collected information protected by Diamond Source?
All the collected information is protected by Diamond Source by taking the needed security measures. The servers are checked at regular intervals to detect any vulnerability or data breach. We also protect our servers from any untimely malware attack as well.
The collected data is also kept confidential and can only be accessed by high-level security staff. Furthermore, the SSL (Security Socket Layer) protocol is implemented to complete the payment and keep your data encrypted from hackers. Though, we are not responsible for any payment made using third-party gateways.
How does Diamond Source handle cookies?
To provide a seamless browsing experience to our users, we take the assistance of cookies. Though, we do not use them for tracking purposes. Users can stop receiving cookies or opt out of them anytime they want. They can remove them from their computer and go to their browser settings to stop receiving them. After deleting cookies, it might take more time to load the website.
Third-party links and disclosure
Diamond Source would also not sell, trade, or disclose your personal information to any other third-party service or tool without prior informing you about it. Though, this would not include any operational party or host that helps in the overall functioning of our website and business. All these third-party sources promise to keep your information confidential.
Though, if asked by the government, then we would be implied to share your information to a government agency by law. Also, any non-identifiable information can further be used for marketing.
Google AdSense and Advertising
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- We allow any individual to browse our website anonymously.
- The word “Privacy” is included in the policy and can be found easily.
Furthermore, Diamond Source also allows its users to make appropriate changes to their data whenever they want. They can just log-in to their account and make the respective changes. Besides that, they can also get in touch with our customer support, write a mail, give us a call, or raise a support ticket to do the same.
How are the “Do Not Track” signals handled by Diamond Source?
The “Do not Track” signals are respected by Diamond Source. Needless to say, the user’s browser should also support them as well.
Are any third-party behavioral tracking tools used by Diamond Source?
No. We do not use any kind of behavioral tracking tool on our website.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act
According to COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act), parents are responsible for any online information of children of age 13 or under. We, at Diamond Source, also comply with Children Online Privacy Protection Act. We promise to safeguard the information of our users, who are minors (children of age 13 and under). Though, our target audience and customers are adults.
Fair Information Practices Principles
The Fair Information Practices Principles are one of the most important segments of USA’s privacy law. Diamond Source also acknowledges the law and takes all the needed steps to protect your information. Also, in case of any data breach, we aim to inform about it to our users in 1 business day. The law also gives evident rights to any user to take enforceable actions against data collectors and individuals responsible for any data breach.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN SPAM act includes different laws about marketing emails. According to the act, a user should have the right to opt out of these emails anytime they want. Diamond Source complies with the law in the following manner:
- We agree not to send emails with misleading subjects.
- We agree to include our address in business emails.
- We agree to acknowledge our emails as an advertisement, if necessary.
- We will monitor any third-party mailing service that we use.
- We will provide a link to unsubscribe from our emails.
- We agree to remove an individual from our mailing list after they unsubscribe from it.
Diamond Source takes the assistance of your email to complete some of the following tasks:
- To provide customer support
- To let users create their account to shop from the website
- To keep shoppers updated on the latest information related to Diamond Source
- To provide updates related to orders, payments, and purchases
- To provide additional information about any purchase
- To communicate with our users for any other purpose
Accessing and Updating Your Information
If the personally identifiable information Diamond Source has gathered from you changes or you would like to access, correct, or delete such information, we will gladly provide you access to, correct, or delete (to the extent allowed by law) any personal information we have collected about you. To request access to, a correction to, or deletion of your personal information, please contact us.
Address: 29W 47th Street, New York, NY
Call: (212) 730-5959